I live in Florida for almost 30 yrs.Went to Fla dmv to get…

Customer Question
I live in Florida...

I live in Florida for almost 30 yrs.Went to Fla dmv to get my license,they can't issue me the license because nys put me on the national driver registry.If ny removes me from the registry,fla will issue me a fla driver license

Lawyer's Assistant: Regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?

New York State,Queens

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Basically that's the main issue

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 10 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

FL and NY both a parties to the "Drivers License Compact". The idea behind this agreement is a suspension in one state will carry over to other states. If NY has your license suspended, you would need to clear that suspension before FL would issue a license. That said, once you clear the issue in NY? Then FL is free to issue you a license

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

I know that already! Not very helpful!

THank you

You asked

"

I live in Florida for almost 30 yrs.Went to Fla dmv to get my license,they can't issue me the license because nys put me on the national driver registry.If ny removes me from the registry,fla will issue me a fla driver license"

I fully answered that question.

Did you have more questions today?

I know that answer already,not very helpful,please refund my money! Thank You!