I am looking on how to obtain a peace bond. Florida, I tried…

Customer Question
I am looking on...

I am looking on how to obtain a peace bond.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I tried to file a report about 3 weeks ago because this person had kick in my door but JSO did not file any report.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This person is on the lease but she has gotten into some bad drugs and she gets mean.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/18/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You can go to the court to obtain a personal order of protection in the local civil court. The clerk has the forms for you to file and you would explain on the forms the conduct that places you in fear of your safety and the court will issue a civil order of protection to you and will serve the other party. If the other party violates the order, you can call the police and they will come and arrest the person for violating the order of protection.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney