My license was restricted in Kansas inwith an ignition

Customer Question
My license was restricted...

My license was restricted in Kansas in*****with an ignition interlock for one year. I sold my car after DUI offense, had transportaion and now I would like to begin driving again. Do I need to install interlock after so many years?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Kansas, the car is a 2012

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/18/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 11 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

This is a common question. Many times people with DUI stop driving and sell a car and later want another car. The ignition interlock requirement does not go away no matter how long it has been since you were ordered to have it. If you have not done the 1 year ordered, they will not allow you to drive. So even though it has been so long, you would still need to get the interlock installed to satisfy their mandatory requirement.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.