I have visited "The Neurology Center" in Carlsbad and taken…

Customer Question
I have visited "The...

I have visited "The Neurology Center" in Carlsbad and taken a 4-hour test to determine if my memory is too impaired to be driving. I passed that test to their satisfaction. Now they are telling me that I need to take another test at a cost of $400 to $500 dollars before I can go any further. Someone who is living on Social Security cannot afford this kind of expense. What can I do to avoid paying this (what I consider to be) exorbitant expense to get my driver's license back?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

San Diego County, California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Don't know what should be filed. I filed with DMV.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
9/18/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 9 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Is dmv demanding these exams?
I don't know.
DMV does not generally require so you can forego it. Even if required which is not likely can ask for a fee waiver or discount based on hardship. If DMV doesn't need it you have done enough! Good luck! Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Awaiting your reply, thank you!