My daughter received a non disclosure agreement for a

Customer Question
My daughter received a...

My daughter received a non disclosure agreement for a project she wants to work on. a section entitled non-circumvention indicates for a period of 5 years after the end of the term of this agreement, the recipient will not attempt to do business with or otherwise solicit any business contacts found or otherwise referred by owner to recipient for the purpose of circumventing .... What does this mean?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It is for her to record a song for a musical and do backup vocals

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What this means is that she could not go to anyone that she was introduced to by the other party in the contract and use them for any other business, which would be circumventing the other party to the contract and cutting out the other party in the contract.

So she cannot just go do business with contacts the owner introduces her to without going through the owner.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney