In January I hired a plumber to replace water pipes in tub…

Customer Question
In January I hired...

In January I hired a plumber to replace water pipes in tub and replace it with a tiled shower. I have all paperwork. They did not pull a permit or have an inspection done. ( All was in contract and paid for.) less than 6 months later the tile in the shower is coming up and the pipes are squeeling. If they come to fix it can I insist that they pull a permit and have it inspected.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Daytona Beach Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I contacted the Plumbing Company and they are suppose to have the tile contractor call me. Plumbing Company hired tile company to do the job.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They didn't do tile right first time and came back and put tile ionn top of tile because it wouldn't drain.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/18/2017
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Michael Bradley

you can see what they are willing to do to fix the problem

if you are not satisfied then I would suggest bringing in another contractor to see how much it is going to cost to repair their mistake

then I would due contractor #1 in small claims court

This didn't answer my question about permit and inspection.
For 45.00 you haven't answered my question and now you want another 59.00 to call me. I already knew I could get another estimate and file small claim.

you do not need to do a phone call

then what is your exact question?

Can I insist that they pull a permit and have inspection done when they repair this since it will have to be taken out to fix.

yes since that was part of the original contract I would not let them back in without doing so

simple for them to do but they are too cheap and do not want the hassle