In January I hired a plumber to replace water pipes in tub…

Customer Question
In January I hired...

In January I hired a plumber to replace water pipes in tub and replace it with a tiled shower. I have all paperwork. They did not pull a permit or have an inspection done. ( All was in contract and paid for.) less than 6 months later the tile in the shower is coming up and the pipes are squeeling. If they come to fix it can I insist that they pull a permit and have it inspected.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Daytona Beach Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I contacted the Plumbing Company and they are suppose to have the tile contractor call me. Plumbing Company hired tile company to do the job.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They didn't do tile right first time and came back and put tile ionn top of tile because it wouldn't drain.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/18/2017
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Michael Bradley

you can see what they are willing to do to fix the problem

if you are not satisfied then I would suggest bringing in another contractor to see how much it is going to cost to repair their mistake

then I would due contractor #1 in small claims court

This didn't answer my question about permit and inspection.
For 45.00 you haven't answered my question and now you want another 59.00 to call me. I already knew I could get another estimate and file small claim.

you do not need to do a phone call

then what is your exact question?

Can I insist that they pull a permit and have inspection done when they repair this since it will have to be taken out to fix.

yes since that was part of the original contract I would not let them back in without doing so

simple for them to do but they are too cheap and do not want the hassle

Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Lawyer