Can a franchisor not renew the contract and take over your…

Customer Question
Can a franchisor not...

Can a franchisor not renew the contract and take over your store without a good cause?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Not based in the US -

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No nothing at all - we have fulfilled all legal obligation and exceeded commercial targets consistently

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have received a notice within one month of expiry and a the franchisor has previously clearly communicated that they will renew the contract?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/18/2017
Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

What do the terms of the franchise agreement say about its right to terminate and the process involved?