Second opinion] Someone who isn't me recently had an

Customer Question
Second opinion] Someone who isn't...
Second opinion] Someone who isn't me recently had an experience where they were performing an illicit chemical experiment in a California school laboratory. The instructor of the laboratory walked in and discovered chemicals needed to make the product, but no product was found. Notes were also confiscated detailing the procedure of the experiment which also state that no product was made. What is the likelihood that I could be sent to prison?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/18/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

If you have no prior criminal conviction, while the odds of your being charged with a crime is high for something like this, the odds of you having to serve any time is remote unless you take it all the way to trial and lose. If you wanted to negotiate a deal, a lawyer would typically be able to get you probation.

When I say this, however, I do so without knowiing what it is you were allegedly tryng to manufacture. If it was in the lines of an explosive and could be seen as a possible terroristic act, the system may take that much less lightly than if you were using the premises to manufacture illicit drugs.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.