We have helped our daughter to buy her apartment with a

Customer Question
We have helped our...

We have helped our daughter to buy her apartment with a significant sum a few years ago. Recently her boyfriend moved in with her and transferred some money into her mortgage offset account so the mortgage interest saving would be his contribution to expenses. Could the boyfriend gain part ownership of her apartment by "contributing to "paying the mortgage interest" this way if they get married. What could she do to protect her home if the relationship does not work out?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

In NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not as far as we know, he just made the bank transfer and they are planning the wedding.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Does it have significance that he is contributing to the mortgage interest payment this way?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 11 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Where is your daughter's home, in the US or NSW?

Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 11 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Good morning. I see your previous expert has opted out. Are you in the US?