Need to now if an non profit organization must have open…

Customer Question
Hi need to now...

Hi need to now if an non profit organization must have open meetings

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me where the nonprofit is registered?

MI

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Organization have been in around for many years in MI

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

So yes they have a accounted that files something with the IRS yearly

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/17/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. The answer to your question is no. MI does require that some non-profit organizations have open meetings under their Open Meetings Act (OMA). However, the OMA is limited to government organizations such as schools or other agencies created by a public governing body. A typical non-profit can be private and is not required to have an open meeting under the law.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.