How can I stop a subpoena from my bank account when I have…

Customer Question
How can I stop...

How can I stop a subpoena from my bank account when I have already submitted my job pay stub to my husband's lawyer?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the subpoena was issued in?

Los Angeles, ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I did but she never recommended me to stop my husband from looking into my bank account

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The bank will provide records to my husband on 9/27/17

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/17/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 8 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response.

If you receive a notice or email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the notice or email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

The way you challenge a subpoena is to file a Motion to Quash. This raises the issue and allows the court to rule on it if filed and heard quickly.

Normally you would use an attorney for this because it is difficult to provide a legal basis to quash a subpoena and you are required to have a hearing, provide evidence, etc. Courts are very reluctant to provide a quick hearing date for documents filed by someone representing themselves.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

I am about to go offline for the evening. I will be back online tomorrow so if you have any follow up questions please ask them in this thread and I will answer them as soon as I see them. If you haven't issued a Positive Rating yet I would encourage you to do so now. Issuing a Positive Rating will prevent the question from timing out and closing and will lock it open so it can be accessed and the Q and A can continue at any time from this evening or even a year or more from now.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney