Legal Eagle, My family is STILL getting this ridiculous raw…

Customer Question
Hi Legal Eagle, My family is...
Hi Legal Eagle,
My family is STILL getting this ridiculous raw deal with Ventura CPS and supposedly it is "rumored" by both sides that we will be all done on our next court date which is Oct 10 after all our psych evals....(the two minor children, who have been therapied up the ying yang for our son having a bowel blockage...two counts each parent, me and my husband, for "child neglect"...we have done more than everything they have asked for even tho we have been constantly lied to on our reports about what was said or observed...I can't believe this is in America and to top it off, my husband has the same accusation as me but has never had to do anything...no psych evals, no therapy file "peeking", etc., it is a joke but he threatens me with yelling and p.a.s.ing the kids away from me whenever I ask...I just can't take anymore and when it is over I don't think I can stay here where he purposely let those people in our house knowing full well 10 years ago that we didn't do that then and the case was over in less than a week with a positive outcome and all was well..was over hsing btw.)OK, sorry to get off track....I think I have told you all this before...anyway, yesterday we just when we are getting ready to wrap up everything for Oct 10 asap hoping for the best, ***** ***** Saturday, we suddenly got this envelope from our court judge,{ who marked this '2 out of 4' in "Priority Rank"? What does that mean?} and is regarding this program called CASA, "Court Appointed Special Advocates Program" and it basically says that this per CASA approved volunteer chick, California Rule of the Court 5.655(3), named xxxxx xxxxx, will be assessing the kids, will have the court appointed right to take the time it will take to make a "relationship" with our kids, to talk to everybody dealing with our kids--the therapists, us, the doctors, the teachers, and to make an objective report to the court And can make recommendations but it does say it will start right away and I just can't believe it....I can't even count how many times we have all been "interviewed". I was already planning to move to Ore. five years ago and if this more gunk to stop us or more stuff to ruin my last few years with my kids, I just want to split in five different directions...or run away and never come back. She is nice but she did take on both me and my husband and later on I found out that is not normal and also, she believes in doing EVERYTHING CPS demands without any fight no matter what it is.....I am ready to get a new lawyer on Monday depending on what time this "CASA" thing adds to our case? I can't believe this? You would think we were child abusers at this point. These poor kids..they have just been thru psych evals and have to go to all this therapy all the time and what happened had nothing to do with this. This is crazy.Please help Legal Eagle (sorry so long) If you need anymore info on here, let me know.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/17/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

I’m so sorry to hear about your situation. The CASA program is basically made up of volunteers of kids who are kind of stuck in between living situations like this. Court rules allow for this and it’s entirely up to the judge to make this determination. I can imagine i you’ve been interviewed and assessed (along with the kids) a zillion times. The hard part about this is that the court is so little concerned about you or the kids. They’re just more concerned with making sure that negative things do not happen. For instance, let’s say that something bad happens to the kids and the court had the power to stop it. The public backlash would be huge. This of course doesn’t mean that anything bad will happen to the kids. But it’s what they do. I remember one time I got into a car accident back in 2006. I had to take my daughter and wife to the hospital. It was extremely minor stuff and my daughter didn’t even suffer any injuries. I thought we’d be out in less than a hour. CPS came in to check on me. They checked on my wife. They put us in a room with a window right next to the nurse’s station. They interviewed me about what happened. It was extremely bizarre and years later I still remember thinking, “What the hell are they doing this for?” Once I realized that it was because it was likely that could have been a kook who just beat up his wife and kid and pretended it was an accident, they had a duty to get to the bottom of it, no matter how ridiculous it was. I wish that it was something that I could help you through this, but what I can recommend to you is to stay strong and stay focused. This will come to an end eventually and your kids will see you work through things like this and realize the kind of resolve that’s needed when trying situations get everyone eventually.