My husband coeristed me into putting his name on the deed of…

Customer Question
My husband coeristed me...

My husband coeristed me into putting his name on the deed of my property. He said his doctor advised him to do it

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nevada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He has lied to me from the very beginning of our 14 year marriage including how many time he has been married. I have consulted an attorney, and this is a state where he is entitled to half of the assets. I reason to believe he lied to me when he told me his doctor advised him to get his name on the deed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have owned this home since 1975 and he paid 18000.00 to pay it off. I am willing to pay him the money back

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 11 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

I read your facts, is there a specific question with which I can assist?

If you receive an email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

ok

Is there a specific question with which I can assist?

I have talked to a divorice lawyer already, I just thought there was something I was missing

I'm going to have to opt out

no
Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

Hello different expert here and I will try to assist. Your divorce lawyer will be able to tell you specifically what will happen to the property in a divorce settlement. Nevada is a community property state, but you owned the property long before you married and the court will consider that, along with the fact that you may have been defrauded by his advice to put his name on the title. I wish you the best of luck in getting this matter resolved in your favor.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would appreciate a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.