I need to subpoena verizon to get records for a account that…

Customer Question
I need to subpoena...

I need to subpoena verizon to get records for a account that was opened in my name. identit theft issue

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the subpoena was issued in?

I am trying to do this mself if i can i am in Caliornia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I just filed the police report

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Verizon has started a frud case to close the account and clearr me.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/16/2017
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

In order for you to issue a subpoena (subpoena duces tecum), there must be an open lawsuit.....this is so because the court clerk must issue the subpoena, and it cannot do so unless there is an open case within which to issue the subpoena.

If there is a criminal case pending, the prosecutor's office can seek the issuance of a subpoena duces tecum to the business.