Resident in Raleigh NC, I got into trouble while on

Customer Question
Resident in Raleigh NC...

Resident in Raleigh NC, I got into trouble while on unsupervised probation. DA said I have to go to Wakebrook impatient detox or jail to detox. Do I have the right to choose a private detox facility? I care about my mother and help take care of her and her sick father so I can't be locked in a place all day and night for 5 to 7 days

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nc

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a lawyer any spoke with the DA

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/16/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 11 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response.

If you receive a notice or email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the notice or email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

No, you don't have the right to choose which facility or what type of facility you go to. You certainly can ask to be sent to a specific type or location and give your reasons for that but the ultimate choice is up to the judge acting on all information provided.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

I'm on prescription painkillers though

That doesn't affect who makes the decision on which facility you are to attend.

they can force me off my prescription

Yes. As a matter of fact back when Vicodin was being prescribe regularly and didn't have all the restrictions in place now it wasn't unusual for people to be sentence to jail or prison and have problem due to withdrawal. It is extremely hard to get prison or jail official to prescribe pain medication unless it is over the counter.