Someone stole my computer while I was buying a coffee at a…

Customer Question
Someone stole my computer while...
Someone stole my computer while I was buying a coffee at a major coffee chain . Is there a good site where I can get legal
Advise and find a lawyer to help me have the chain help pay for the computer ?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/16/2017
Lawyer: LegalPro54, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. Well this is the website for answering legal questions, so you are in the right place. But no attorney online--here or elsewhere--can actually represent you. You'd need to retain a local attorney in person for that.

I hate to tell you, but you probably don't need an attorney here anyway because the coffee shop would not be liable for the theft of a third party. You could ask them to help pay for the computer but I highly doubt they will be willing to. Your sole recourse is most likely to file a police report. The police will conduct an investigation and hopefully track this person down. Then, they will be ordered to pay restitution (meaning compensate you for the cost of your replacement computer) as part of their criminal sentencing.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Was there anything else I can do to assist you here? If so it's my pleasure....