For the almost 3 years that I have been living in my

Customer Question
Hello, my name is*****...

Hello, my name is***** the almost 3 years that I have been living in my apartment I have been securely being monitored and recorded by a neighbor or a group of neighbors. At first I thought I was just hearing things. Short version:

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Everett Washington, as I was saying I now have a witness. One who was actually a party to it but decided to help me. I have received equipment to check for cameras and microphone. Found 1 in the bathroom ceiling fan. What do i?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No. This just happened last night.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They have circulated copys of the images.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/16/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 11 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Lawyer: Pheobe Clark, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, Lawyer
Washington's wiretapping law is a "two-party consent" law. Washington makes it a crime to intercept or record a private telephone call, in-person conversation, or electronic communication unless all parties to the communication consent. See Wash. Rev. Code § 9.73.030(1). Whether a conversation or other communications is "private" depends on a number of case-specific factors, such as the subjective intention of the parties, the reasonableness of their expectation that the conversation would be private, the location of the conversation, and whether third parties were present. State v. Townsend, 57 P.3d 255, 259 (Wash. 2002).Therefore in Washington, All parties generally must consent to the interception or recording of any private communication, whether conducted by telephone, telegraph, radio or face-to-face..Therefore the act you are complaining of is criminal and you need to file an incident report with the police. Attempt to get a criminal anti harassment protection order on this kind of behavior.
If you're satisfied with my response please forward me with a positive rating!!! thanks!!
Awesome! That's great news because it's still going on. Will file papers tomorrow. Thank you.

Great, kindly rate me 5 stars.

Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

I see your professional opted out.

The Code cited (9.73.030) is a criminal code so the victim cannot file papers-rather the offense would be reported to local law enforcement.

From a civil perspective the victim can sue for invasion of privacy and trespass. Both those are based on common law tort law. Damages may include economic damages suffered, along with possible pain and suffering, and punitive damages (designed to punish the defendant and deter others from such conduct).

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions!

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

If you were satisfied with the response I originally provided you on September 18, 2017 at 9:14 pm about the wiretapping laws, please kindly reward me with the positive rating! Thanks!!