Can a Surrogate's Court judge, after deciding on a petition…

Customer Question
Can a Surrogate's Court...

Can a Surrogate's Court judge, after deciding on a petition for an injunction due to embezzlement and other illegal activity by a trustee, decide criminal charges should be applied to the individual?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not about criminal charges

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am the Administrator of my brother's estate and it is my sister who is acting against her fiduciary duty as Trustee. She has withdrawn all investments and has illegally transferred real estate over to herself, thus the request for an injunction since half of everything belongs to my brother.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/16/2017
Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Attorney replied 11 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Has the judge tried to do this, or are you asking if it is possible?