How can keep my 15 year old daughter from seeing a 18 year…

Customer Question
How can keep my...

How can keep my 15 year old daughter from seeing a 18 year old boy legally I live in PA.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

NO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes back in July he climbed up my back porch onto the roof and went in her window several time and stayed the night do not know if anything happened

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/16/2017
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Michael Bradley
I am guessing that she wants to see him?
Have you confirmed that they have had sexual relations?

can I still help?

she still wants to see him. I am sure they did she said they did but he will not answer when ask. I just want to know what my options are.
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 10 months ago

The Pennsylvania Age of Consent is 16 years old. In the United States, the age of consent is the minimum age at which an individual is considered legally old enough to consent to participation in sexual activity. Individuals aged 15 or younger in Pennsylvania are not legally able to consent to sexual activity, and such activity may result in prosecution for statutory rape.

Pennsylvania statutory rape law is violated the de-facto age of consent law in Pennsylvania is actually 18 (due to Pennsylvania's corruption of minors statute). This creates an interesting dynamic, as the laws allow teens aged 17 and 16 to consent to each other, but not to anyone 18 or older. Teens between 13 and 15 may or may not be able to consent to a partner less than 4 years older, because while they might not be affected by the statutory rape laws, they could be prosecuted under other offenses.

Pennsylvania has a close-in-age exemption. A close in age exemption, also known as "Romeo and Juliet law", is designed to prevent the prosecution of underage couples who engage in consensual sex when both participants are significantly close in age to each other, and one or both are below the age of consent.

Depending on the situation, the Pennsylvania close-in-age exemption may completely exempt qualifying close-in-age couples from the age of consent law, or merely provide a legal defense that can be used in the event of prosecution.