Can my probation officer come to my work and introduce

Customer Question
Can my probation officer...

Can my probation officer come to my work and introduce himself as my probation officer?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Lewisville, Texas.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Only because my probation officer revoked my probation

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I reported my probation officer to the director of probation for incompetency. Immediately after this (two days), he started making my life miserable. This includes coming to my work and introducing himself as my probation officer (not common knowledge at work).

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/16/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Unfortunately, there is no law that says probation can't come to your job. In fact, you will probably find that you have agreed to that as part of the rules of your probation. They are allowed, in general, to come to your home without advance notice or a warrant and to check out your job as well.

That said, what he did was not nice, as it may cost you your job. There's nothing, however, to prevent him from doing it.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.