My son was just stopped in his care out of town on a job and…

Customer Question
My son was just stopped...
My son was just stopped in his care out of town on a job and found out his license has been suspended for a 1 year. What can we do this may mean his job.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/16/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

ok thanks

Your son needs to call the DMV and find out why his license has been suspended. Once he takes care of whatever obligation he failed to handle, he may be able to appeal the suspension or qualify for a hardship license. Ordering his driving record will should him the information he seeks, but he may get a quicker answer from the DMV.

He will not be able to get a hardship license or a license anywhere else, for that matter, until the suspension is lifted. Does he have any idea what this is due to?

His had a ticket (conviction) in june 2016 for driving without a license it was paid however it is showing another conviction date of 5-10-2017
He got his license back in July of this year and there was nothing about any outstanding tickets

It doesn't have to be an outstanding ticket. For example, a failure to pay child support can result in a suspension. A refusal to test when stopped for a DUI would result in a suspension. A failure to pay court fees or fines, even when they have nothing to do with driving, can also result in a suspension. An outstanding arrest warrant can do it too. Suspending a license is what states use to get an offender's attention.

Of course, it's also possible that someone used his name for something he didn't commit. This is why he needs to contact Motor VEhicles and identify the nature of the problem.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.