The current apartment complex i live in Woodland Estates…

Customer Question
The current apartment complex...

The current apartment complex i live in Woodland Estates Charlotte NC. Have been terrible about maintenance. I have been flooded twice in a week now ( This being Piss and feces from my Vents and from the ceiling) I still for the past 5 months now do not have a door on my mailbox and there does not seem to be any way to get things done unless I threaten the thought of suing someone.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

North Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

In what Way? As in Work orders?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/15/2017
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

You have a habitability issue based on an unsafe environment. have you contacted the local Health Department?

I have not. I wanted to see if getting a lawyer would be best option given the situation.

You have the right to not only terminate the lease but to sue for damages.

I would like to get the Health Department involved so you have a report to base your law suit and termination on:

"Tenant's Right to Break a Rental Lease in North Carolina

The Rental Unit Is Unsafe or Violates North Carolina Health or Safety Codes

If your landlord does not provide habitable housing under local and state housing codes, a court would probably conclude that you have been “constructively evicted;” this means that the landlord, by supplying unlivable housing, has for all practical purposes “evicted” you, so you have no further responsibility for the rent. The problem must be truly serious, such as the lack of heat or other essential service." http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/tenants-right-break-rental-lease-north-carolina.html

Let me also provide a link for local Attorneys that provide FREE consultations as well as the health department contact information. The mold risk is of great concern to me.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Thank you for your consideration.

Are you still online with me? Do you have additional questions for me? The site will not provide the Attorneys with credit for our work and time.

Thank you for your consideration.

Attorney2
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney