I was given until sept 15 to cure back rent. They sent my…

Customer Question
I was given until...

I was given until sept 15 to cure back rent. They sent my file to a attorney who is filing eviction against me. What are my rights

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

They stated this was sent to the attorney yesterday who is filing today

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That would be it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/15/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

You have the right to stay in the premises until the court issues a writ of possession and it is executed by the sheriff.

In other words, the landlord can not dispossess you without legal process and you can remain in the premises until then.

The eviction process will take 4 -6 weeks.

Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.