Second opinion] I've been married for 1 and a half years,

Customer Question
Second opinion] I've been...

Second opinion] I've been married for 1 and a half years, I'am 62 years old female, My husband and I have both had previous marriages.I sold my home and gave away all my furniture to Goodwill, he has a bigger better house and better furniture. Now in his house, in his name only, I moved 1 hour away from where I had lived , near my children and only Grandaughter.Away from my previous "Dream Job" I loved, away from my church family and friends. Now we are married he doesn't need church, where before he went to my church with me. He has 3 vehichels and a dirt bike all in his name only. I have a car and a pickup truck in my name in which it was as before we were married. We decided to buy a Lance camper together (going in halves) he paid $5.,000.00 and I paid $5,000.00. "He" went to DMV" and put the camper in his name only, and now plans and takes vacations when I have to work. He is about to retire at the end of the month, I have to work a few more years. Does Washington State law provide me with return of my $5,000,00 if we were to divorce?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

Washington State , his truck that the camper is on is a 2005 model in very good shape and low miles.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He totally isolates me from himself, my friends, family, etc. I'am seeking to see a Dr. for depression due to his coldness towards me, sorry I know your not Dear Abby, I suppose my main concern is can I get my money back from the camper I invested I for him, but I'am not part of Thank You

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/15/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this;

the good news is WA is a community property state, so even if property is held in one spouse's name, it is considered both parties' property;

as such if one person kept property, they would need to reimburse the other party for their investment.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer