I am trying to buy a house in Indianapolis from four

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to buy a house in Indianapolis from four siblings, whose parents died intestate several years ago. The siblings have been treating the house as theirs since then, living in it at times, and paying taxes on it. As part of the purchase, I told them I would help them with the process of gaining legal ownership of the house. All the siblings want to sell me the house, and there should be no disagreements among them. Is this a simple process we can do ourselves, or do I need to hire a lawyer? The house is a teardown, and cost is an issue. Thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Indiana, Indianapolis.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/15/2017
Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Attorney replied 11 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

To be clear, the property was never actually transferred out of their parents names?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?

Are you there? Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers waiting on answers to their questions. Once you respond I will get to your question as soon as I can. I may be out of the office when you do so, or otherwise assisting another customer, but I will respond as soon as possible.

I see you have not responded in some time. Did you wish to continue with this question?