IF THERE WAS NOT WILL AND THE FAMILY HOUSE WAS DAMAGED IN A…

Customer Question
IF THERE WAS NOT...

IF THERE WAS NOT WILL AND THE FAMILY HOUSE WAS DAMAGED IN A STORM,, AND FMEA IS THERE WHO HAS LEGAL RIGHT TO THE HOUSE,, TH HOUSE BILLS ARE IN MY NAME AND I PAID THE TAXES THIS YEAR,, I WANT THE HOUSE FIXED TO LIVE IN AND THE OTHERS WANT MONEY ,, WHAT IS MY LEGAL STANDING ON GETTING THE HOUSE FIXED

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

They have been three filing with fema and one changed theirs to renter, one filing is by my sister in law not my brother

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Out of 8 children i am the only one that is a resul from the union of my parents the rest are step

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/15/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 8 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

House normally belongs to title holder. On passing, if there is no will, passes to spouse and children to the extent living.

where do i stand when it comes to getting the money from fema on getting my house fixed

You want to place house in your name first, which if not done, has to happen through an estate lawyer and the surrogate court. You can apply for the relief with the pending application and money could be escrowed if needed pending the outcome of the proceedings. An estate lawyer locally can be found using avvo.com.

Good luck!

Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
INFOLAWYER, Attorney