I need the legal verbiage for payment in full. Do we write…

Customer Question
I need the legal...

I need the legal verbiage for payment in full. Do we write this on the check? Or on a separate document that both parties sign?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. Handshake agreement

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/15/2017
Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer

Good afternoon.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

In order to have a debt or contract settled as payment in full, both parties need to agree and sign an agreement.

Here is a sample of language to use in such an agreement.

Full, legal name of Payee
Full, legal name of Promisor
Loan Date
Total Amount of Loan
Final Due Date for Repayment

Agreement Terms:

I, Payee Name ("Payee"), agreed to pay $1,000 from Promisor Name ("Promisor") on *Loan Date*, or *Agreement terms and payment*. By signing this agreement both Payee and Promisor acknowledge that Payee will pay back Promisor $1,000, which payment is considered full and final payment of the original amount owed *put in details*

.
Signed:

Signature of Payee with Date
Signature of Promisor with Date
Signature of Witness or Notary with Date

I hope this clarifies and helps.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service with stars, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. I will not receive payment for assisting you today, unless you rate the question. After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.