Received a letter from Kindred informing us that employee…

Customer Question
Received a letter from...

Received a letter from Kindred informing us that employee submitted my fiancé medical information to outside legal counsel as supporting documentation of employee's legal claim. (This is what is written in letter to my fiancé)

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Union 11. Fiancé had to retire in April 2017 due to stroke. Gentiva aka Kindred discovered it June 23, 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It says the documentation included Name, medical record number, address, diagnosis and limited treatment information. Ugh this is making me sick to my stomach

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/15/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 11 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is the reason they submitted the information? They submitted the information to THEIR outside legal counsel?

What is your question for us about the situation?