I am 71 and live in Erie, {PA.My mother is 97...with memory,

Customer Question
I am 71 and...

I am 71 and live in Erie, {PA.My mother is 97...with memory, hearing, and vision problems... and has been living in an assisted living facility in Maine that takes all of her monthly income from Social Security and returns $200 to her to covers "incidentals." I have never seen the signed contract she has with them. I was told by the manager yesterday that she signed over her entire estate to them when she moved on in 2009. I am not at ALL sure she was "of sound mind" at the time. My sister lives within driving distance and sees g=her nor I am her oldest child. I have assumed that I am, therefore,

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Whoops! NOT READY TO SEND YET. PLEASE RETURN WHAT I JUST SENT YOU!

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Explain question further, please.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. Pease forward what I FIRST sent you so I may complete the question.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
9/15/2017
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question today. This is attorney Bill offering assistance to your question. It is possible that your mother can challenge the conveyance of her estate under legal and equitable contract principles.

If there was some coercion to sign or duress involved then the remedy is to bring an action in the court of common please to reverse the transactions;

There is also the equitable principle of undue influence in which your mother can file an action for title to her property if the contract was unconscionable and undue influence was exercised by the beneficiaries of the contract.

You might consider in the interim applying for guardianship order from the county court that will place your mother under your care; once appointed guardian you will be able to file the above suit on your mother's behalf and for her benefit.

We are here to help.

Please follow up with me as required.

IN return remember to rate positively.

You do this by rating 5***** , 4**** or better.

So I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill