Just question... i just found out my 2 years son pee comes…

Customer Question
Just question... i just...

Just question... i just found out my 2 years son pee comes out spray... everybody said his circumcision performed wrong... my son has no pain no bleeding... do i have a right to sue the doctor who circumcised my son?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ny

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet.. we were in training him to get rid of diaper and we found out

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/15/2017
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

It is possible in this scenario to bring a lawsuit on behalf of your son. He would technically be the plaintiff, you'd just be the one doing the lawsuit as his "next friend" (which means you're the one with capacity to bring the suit). The statute of limitations is paused with injuries to babies, so you have more time than if he had been injured as an adult. Any money received will go in a trust for your son.

The first step here is usually to talk to other doctors to see what it would cost to fix this (and if it can be fixed). Then, what you'd be suing for is the cost of repairing the damage, plus pain and suffering. Pain and suffering is based on medical bills - usually 3-5 times. A local attorney can help you research what similar cases might have settled for in your area. Most lawyers who take these cases do so on contingency, meaning you only pay after you win. But a lawyer can also help you get set up as next friend, which will make things easier for you.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Do you have any questions about this?

Lucy, Esq., Attorney