Can I file petition for quiet title myself or do I need a an…

Can I file petition for...
Can I file petition for quiet title myself or do I need a an attorney? I live in Tarrant County (Ft. Worth Texas). I've been told that this might be only remedy in case were a divorce decree was ordered in 1982 (50/50 spilt) however both parties moved on with their lives and neither made attempt to distribute the property. Now over 30 years later ex-wife is wanting her "share" of the property that has been maintained and by current wife for last 30 years. Any help/quidance would be appreciated. Does the 2 yr statue of limitation for compelling the distribution of property after divorce only apply to real property or only personal property?
9/15/2017
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question today. This is attorney Bill assisting you with your real property law question. You aren't obliged to obtain the services of an attorney but can proceed pro se and file your own petition with the clerk of the District Ct.

You can obtain a blank complaint form from the clerk or your district court's website.

You fill out the details of your civil complaint and claim for quiet title in the complaint section describing your claim.

You will need to serve the adverse party with your civil petition.

A divorce decree is final and your ex would need to petition the court to reopen the divorce case to make any claim at this stage.

We are here to help.

Please follow up with me as required,

In return remember to rate positively today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer