I sold a business with a promissory note as consideration.

Customer Question
I sold a business...

I sold a business with a promissory note as consideration. The promissory note was unfulfilled, so we went before a judge to settle the matter and I was awarded a judgement. However, the other party filed for bankruptcy, discharging my judgement. My question is if the original sales contract is now voidable since there was no payment for the business (which is still in operation)?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Such as?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't believe so...

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago

As difficult as it is to believe, unfortunately the purchase is not void.

I wish I could provide more information or any options, but this is pretty straight forward.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.