Can a auto Insurance company denied your claim on auto theft…

Customer Question
Can a auto Insurance...

Can a auto Insurance company denied your claim on auto theft because you do not give them your bank records or phone records

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Iowa 2016

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes both police Report and claim to insurance which they denied because we did not send in the following bank statements or phone records

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
9/15/2017
Lawyer: LegalPro54, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

The insurance company is entitled to conduct a reasonable investigation into the claim before paying benefits. A reasonable investigation includes reviewing bank statements and phone records. Claim fraud is primarily discovered through these means. So, I'm afraid to say that if you have refused to provide these things to the insurance company, they would typically have legal grounds to deny payment. I am very sorry.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....