I am in a wheelchair i am renting from a guy and he refuses…

Customer Question
I am in a...

I am in a wheelchair i am renting from a guy and he refuses to get me a ramp

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

I have been renting with him for five years now georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is i it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your landlord.

Georgia Fair Housing Law requires that persons with disabilities be given reasonable accommodations. In addition, the American's with Disabilities Act provides similar requirements.

You can file a claim in one of two ways, either with:

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi