I was hired by an out of state company as an independent…

Customer Question
I was hired by an...
I was hired by an out of state company as an independent contractor to do home services for a special needs client. The contract States that no employee/employer relationship is created and neither party is authorized to bind the other in any way. In another part they require a 6 month commitment or they can not pay you for services you've already did and they can take legal action against you. Upon hiring I was given misinformation about the client and services needed and support from a local person. How much notice do I need to give and do they have the right to take legal action against me for breaking the six month clause.
thank you
Junr
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 11 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
No notice is required. There is a breach and misrepresentation. No action can be taken and st most you may get a nasty letter or call which you may ignore o reject on ground of the breach. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Thank you
Very welcome.
Kindly rate me five stars.