IGNED ON A JEEP COMPASS FOR MY NOW EX-BOYFRIEND-FOUND OUT…

Customer Question
IGNED ON A JEEP...

IGNED ON A JEEP COMPASS FOR MY NOW EX-BOYFRIEND-FOUND OUT YESTERDAY THE JEEP BEEN IN AN ACCIDENT AND HAS BEEN IMPOUNDED SINCE JULY 18, 2017 I ALSO FOUND OUT THAT THE JEEP WILL BE REPOSED IN TEN DAYS IF PAYMENTS ARE NOT CURRENT. I NOW LIVE 2200 MILES AWAY WHAT ARE MY LEGAL RIGHTS.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I COSIGNED ON A JEEP COMPASS FOR NOW EX-BOYFRIEND

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

THE JEEP WAS IN AN ACCIDENT ON JULY 18, 2017. IMPOUNDED AND THE BANK IS READY TO REPOSE THE JEEP. I NOW LIVE 2,200 MILES AWAY. BAL ON THE JEEP $2,300 + $1,500 IMPOUND FEES-$3,800

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
9/15/2017
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Michael Bradley
Was it totalled by the insurance company?
NOT SURE IF HE HAD INSURANCE AT THE TIME OF THE ACCIDENT.
THE JEEP WAS TOWED AWAY AFTER THE ACCIDENT AND HAS BEEN SITTING AT THE TOWING PLACE. THEY CHARGE $25.00 PER DAY. NOT SURE OF THE DAMAGES, AND THE TOWING PLACE WAS NOT MUCH HELP.
IF THE JEEP IS REPOSED WILL I BE RESPONSIBLE TO PAY BACK THE BANK AND THE IMPOUND FEES.
I LIVE 2,200 MILES AWAY. I CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY OFF THE JEEP AND THE IMPOUND FEES. WHAT DO I DO!!!!!!!!!
I'`M 23 YEARS OLD TRYING TO MAKE SOMETHING OF MY LIFE. I DO NOT NEED THIS ON MY CREDIT REPORT
ARE YOU GOING TO ANSWER ME OR DO I HAVE TO PAY $59.00 THAT I DO NOT HAVE
THE JEEP IS IN MICHIGAN

if it had insurance then they would pay for the damages

if it is repossessed if you co-signed yes you both will be held financially responsible for the fees owed to the bank

the bank will either pay the storage fees or abandon the car and the tow company will eat their fees

there is nothing you can do about your credit report if you do not have the money to pay it you have no other choice