I purchased a car yesterday and I just heard from my wife at…

Customer Question
I purchased a car...

I purchased a car yesterday and I just heard from my wife at a repo guy was there today citing that the bank said that I fradulent Lee filed an application .Can he make such a claim to somebody that doesn't even own the vehicle

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

It's a 2014 Toyota corrola a corrola and I'm in Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

I'm not sure I understand your question why don't you need to know the manufacture the repo guy said that I committed fraud and purchasing the vehicle that's why it was being repoed but hes telling someone that doesn't even own a vehicle I didn't think that was legal

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 11 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response.

If you receive an email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

There is no law stating that he can't say that however he subjects both himself and his company to potential damages in a lawsuit for slander.

As a general rule the law doesn't prevent people from making statements (correct or incorrect). It just provides for damages if you make an incorrect statement and the person sues you.