I am going through a mediated divorce, but I just discovered…

Customer Question
I am going through...

I am going through a mediated divorce, but I just discovered that my wife has had a safe deposit box that she has not disclosed to me. I believe she may be hiding cash in that box. Is there a way to get the bank to freeze access to the box until we both can go in and review the contents. She will be signing a document tomorrow that states she has declared everything she has, this box will not be mentioned. I believe there are some laws that she would be breaking. How would I go about managing this access to the box, do I need a lawyer, and about how much would it cost?

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Ok, can you read the question and respond?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

South Orange County, California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Only the divorce papers to the court. Martial Settlement Agreement is being signed tomorrow.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

N

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/14/2017
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Michael Bradley

once she signs the paper then you go on the attack

file a petition for contempt for failure to disclose all financial information

ask the court to direct the bank that holds the box to freeze its contents until further order of court

Quick question, are you a family lawyer? or criminal lawyer?

both actually