I was legally divorce on 7/14 been separated since 2006 had…

Customer Question
I was legally divorce...

I was legally divorce on 7/14 been separated since 2006 had three prior credit cards with my ex and he was paying only the minium due not including interest charged he is demanding that I have ti furnish him all statement from 2006 ! we original filed in 2006 but called off the divorce

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Because he was struggling financial.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Calif

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The judge order him to pay off his Half ever month he has had issue in the past paying his bills so that's why I have been paying out of my acct automaticly and he was reimbusting me ive had to hound him down continuiously to pay since the get go

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/14/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this;

a party is not under obligation to provide documents without a court directive, family code, or discovery request to that effect.

if one party wishes to "discover" documents in the possession of the other, the party would send a "request or production of documents".

If the individual does not have those documents in their possession, they can state that, and put the reason why (ie too much time has passed).

Then if the other party is still interested in obtaining those documents, they can conduct discovery on the financial institution directly and send a subpoena duces tecum requesting that the financial institution provide those documents.

If a party has not complied with a court order re: payment of bills and they have the financial means to do so and it is a knowing and willful violation of the court order, the court can order them in contempt; this allows the court to sanction the party-ie to award attorney fees and costs, a daily fine, even jail time.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here: