I'm a 30 year old pregnant women with a 1 year old and I was…

Customer Question
I'm a 30 year...

I'm a 30 year old pregnant women with a 1 year old and I was involved in a car accident (I was hit) and according to the Dr.s and specialists they sent me to, I have permanent injury to my shoulder / scapula area of my back. State Farm has agreed to lost wages and medical but only offered me $2000 for pain and suffering. Considering I may not be able to hold my children without sever pain and they are saying it will only get worst the older I get, $2000 seems low. I countered with $100,000 but they laughed. Should I just take the $2000 or hire a lawyer? I don't know how to put a dollar amount on a life time of issues that I will be facing.... just need some advice

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the injury take place? And do you have medical records or other documentation?

Oregon and yes I have everything from all the drs

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?

Filed legally? no with the insurance co? yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/14/2017
Lawyer: LegalPro54, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

I would definitely hire a lawyer as your injuries sound quite serious and insurance companies are notorious for lowballing claimants that don't have representation. Basically, they don't take you seriously without an attorney because they know your only alternative to settlement--litigation--is something you have no way of doing effectively on your own.

Most personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. If you don't know, a contingency fee arrangement is one in which the attorney receives a portion of the client's settlement or award as his payment, typically 1/3 of the total amount. If there is no recovery, the attorney does not get paid. The client never pays until the settlement or award is obtained (except perhaps to cover the filing costs for his claim). See here to locate local attorneys.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup because this question was still open and I have not heard back from you. Was there anything more I can do to assist you? Did you get a chance to review my answer to your question? Please let me know....