I have the landlord form. I'v always been weeks early on…

Customer Question
I have the landlord...

I have the landlord form hell. I'v always been weeks early on rent but now it is time for a new lease or leave....She won't answer my emails. can I give her a 30 day notice and use my deposit for last month's rent??

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nothing....I am the perfect tenant....she won't answer my emails...I want to give her my 30 day and use my 2000 deposit as the last month's rent ...can I???? can she lock me out of my house???

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that this lady has a drinking problem and I worry that she will do something like try and lock me out after I tell her I am using my deposit for last month's rent....the house will be perfect when I leave but, I don't think she will give me my deposit back no matter what I do

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Also, my lease says Dec 2017...now does that mean through Dec or it ends Dec 1? Ok lets go

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/14/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 11 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Does the lease require you provide her with a 30 day notice?

just call me for 52 bucks right?

Thank you. The security deposit is to be used and applied to any damages or repairs that need to be done, if you vacate and fail to leave the rental in the same condition as when you took possession, less normal wear and tear. As such, you can not just apply it to the last months rent, unless the landlord will agree and allow it. You can provide her the required 30 day notice if you desire and vacate at that time. If she will not respond to you and review your lease and you remain, you would become a month to month tenant, so you need to decide if you want to stay and keep paying the rent or just vacate. She can NOT lock you out or use self help to evict you. If you withheld rent and told her to keep the deposit and she did not want to, she would have to go through the eviction process.

A call is extra. It is optional.

What is the evection process

Thank you and please allow me a moment