PHYSICIAN ANDWORKED IN A CLINIC IN MILHAM STREET NEAR

Customer Question
I AM A PHYSICIAN...

I AM A PHYSICIAN ANDWORKED IN A CLINIC IN MILHAM STREET NEAR WESTNEGE IN KALAmazoo. I worked till june 17 or there abouts. now she owes me money and I do not have the pay slips as she never gave them to me but she owes me for around april may and june. she states shewilol pay me but has made FOUR TRIPS TO HER HOME COUNTRY LIBERIA IN THE ABOVE PERIOD OF TIME OR THEREABOTS. THAT WOULD BE A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF MONEY BUT NO EFFORT TO PAY ME AND i DONT THINK SHE INTENDS TO PAY ME AT ALL. i AM ASKING FOR 5000 OR FOR HER TO PRODUCE ALL OF THE PAY SLIPS WHICH i SIGNED TO GET THE PRECISE AMOUNT. i WILL TAKE EITHER ONE OF THE ABOVE. SHE IS THE CLINIC OWNER. i WOULD LIKE TO GET A LEGAL JUDGEMENT AGAINST HER FOR THE AMOUNT OF MONEY OR THE AMOUNT OF THE PAYSLIPS PROVIDED SHE PRODUCES ALL OF THEM.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I BEILEVE i STATED KALAMAZOO WHICH IS IN MICHIGAN!

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NOT AS YET

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I WOULD LIKE THE PARTY TO PAY FOR THE4 LEGAL FEES ALSO

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

REAdy

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/14/2017
Lawyer: Andrew, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Andrew
Andrew, Lawyer

Hello I am a licensed practicing attorney with 20 years’ experience hopefully I can help with your problem. Please give me a moment to review and respond to your question.

Before you sue her I would file a employment wage complaint with the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs Wage and Hour Division

Here is the form:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/WH43_Employment_Wage_Complaint_Form_R6_29_05_141360_7.pdf

They will investigate your claim and make sure that you get paid. If she still doesn't you will receive an enforceable order from them.

If you have any other questions please let me know otherwise just accept my answer and enter a rating. 5 stars is appreciated. Thanks!

Failure on the part of your employer could subject her to interest and civil penalties upon conclusion of an investigation of up to $1000 each for failure to maintain or submit the required records and/or pay wages found due by the Wage and Hour Program, plus exemplary damages of twice the amount determined due.

I hope this answers your question! Please don't forget to rate above. 5 stars is appreciated.

If you have no further questions, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question. Thank you!

Andrew
Andrew
Andrew, Lawyer