I'm looking for a lawyer to help me with a Americans with…

Customer Question
I'm looking for a...

I'm looking for a lawyer to help me with a Americans with disabilities act matter

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Connecticut

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes a notice of lease /rules violation from my landlord

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have Cerebral-palsy I have poor mobility have difficulty walking I walk with 2 canes. The landlord put in a curb cut for my car. Yesterday I was told my the maintenance man that the curb cut was only for the winter time to help the handicapped and elderly get there cars off the road when I told the maintance man that i have diffcuty with mobilty all year around. he gave me the infrationsaid i was worng and that he was going to put the curb so I could never use it again. my doctor does'nt want me to walk far any more he is a fraid I will fall. I fell twice in the road already once I amost got ht from a car

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/14/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Thank you very much for your patience. The ADA requires that owners of a building that houses multiple residences have their buildings modified to meet the reasonable needs of its disabled tenants. This includes not only having a certain number of parking spaces depending on how many people live there, but also having those parking spaces be close to the buildings as possible and to the accessible. This means things like having curb Cuts or guardrails as needed. In your case if your landlord is aware that you have a condition that makes it difficult for you to stay mobile and if you need a curb cut as a reasonable accommodation, then the landlord is not allowed to take away. The landlord cannot dictate what season disabled people can use these accommodations. Therefore, you may want to consider hiring disability attorney in your area to help enforce your rights. You may want to consider just writing a formal demand letter to your landlord advising him that the ADA requires him to keep the curb cut. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for a demand letter (click here). It only costs $10 and it is way cheaper than litigation.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.mplate for a demand letter (click here). It only costs $10 and it is way cheaper than litigation.