Question serving a summons to a police officer that

Customer Question
Hello, question serving a...

Hello, question serving a summons to a police officer that investigated an auo accident.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

New York, Aug.15th 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/14/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions. Additionally, Most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

The accident report the P/O made lacks important information but he dont want speak to me for the sake of amending the report. He refused to see me 3 times, what to do.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I have attempted to help a client in the past get a police report corrected so I have some experience in this area. What I have learned is that the police are not obligated to make any changes to their police report unless they believe that there is a reason to do so. If you've been refused already, there is unfortunately not anything that you could do in this situation. To give you some perspective, I contacted a division Commander with the California Highway Patrol to help get an accident report corrected for one of my clients and before I did that I researched the law and I researched the chances for a report to be corrected legally, but I was unable to find any support. The commander also told me that they weren't going to be making any changes in that my arguments, which were considerable, were not persuasive. I'm very sorry I wish I had some different information for you. Please don't shoot the messenger, but unfortunately the report won't be changed unless the police agree to do so. One thing you could do is continue to request that it be changed or maybe you could find additional evidence that you believe would be helpful. Basically, do your best to try to give to me good reason to make the change. Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 11 months ago
Michael Bradley
Phone call session started