Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Is there a way legally to find out an individual's employer?

Is there a way...

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Connecticut

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I don't know. In my case, this individual borrowed $800 from me, promised to pay me back by a particular date and lied. I since, sued her and the court ruled in my favor but now, I have the burden of finding out where she is employed in order to have her wages attached and I'm having an extremely difficult time finding out where she is employed however, I do know that she works for an agency because she attends to the elderly so, she does not have a set schedule.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's about it. I know what site she works at but it's an apartment building.

9/14/2017
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Unfortunately getting a judgment is only half the battle; then it is time to enforce the judgment which unfortunately puts the burden on the judgment creditor.

However, one can send legal forms requesting relevant information (such as employment information) - for example please see:

http://www.jud.ct.gov/webforms/forms/cv023.pdf

Here is the bench book (used by the court) for enforcement of judgments:

http://www.jud.ct.gov/lawlib/notebooks/pathfinders/enforcingmoneyjudgments.pdf

Also please see this resource:

https://www.jud.ct.gov/forms/grouped/civil/collect_civil.htm

If the party fails to comply then the judgment creditor can bring a motion to compel, or seek further discovery.

Other remedies include a debtor's exam; please see:

https://www.jud.ct.gov/webforms/forms/cv054.pdf

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

are you saying to request "legally" to get employment info. of the debtor. I have to request that info. to the court and then have the debtor served via. state marshall?

A marshall is hired to actually execute on the judgment; not to serve the interrogatories; so once property is identified that can be executed on, the marshall can be hired -

please see:

http://www.jud.ct.gov/faq/smallclaims.html#23

Unfortunately many people are under the impression that the court will pursue the judgment; but they only assist in enforcement efforts and do not proactively obtain the funds.

legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer