Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Maybe my dad died in 2013...I got some property from

him...he filed bankruptcy in 2009...
Maybe my dad died in 2013...I got some property from him...he filed bankruptcy in 2009 there are still leins on the property from 2005 can I get them off?
JA: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?
Customer: va virginia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I went to the county clerks office and they say there are no judgements or leins but when I do a title search several showed up
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: what do you mean has anything been filed or reported?
9/14/2017
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Are you asking how to clear the liens?
I want to sell the land and I believe with the bankrupcy the judgements should be vacated.
There are also judgements on the report that I personnaly settled and have the paperwork but they still appear.Yes I am...I don't understand why at the city there is nothing but then when I do a title search there is
How do I get them off the property
Would send the bankruptcy order to each of the alleged creditors and the title companies. If not removed voluntarily would need to sue to get a court order to that effect. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
I can get them off? Not-acceptable yet...but close.
How long does it take? How much will it cost me?

If the do so voluntarily, nothing. If a lawyer send a letter and they comply, a few hundred. If court action is needed could cost several thousand dollars.

Depending on resistance time could range from weeks to a few months.

ok acceptable how do I find a lawyer to do this for me?

Martindale.com and findlaw.com are good options.

Good luck!!

INFOLAWYER, Attorney
INFOLAWYER, Attorney