I was arrested in Germany (for no reason) on holiday with my…

Customer Question
I was arrested in...

I was arrested in Germany (for no reason) on holiday with my dad. Cut a long story short, I was told next morning that a judge had looked at the report and I was charged 2,000 euro in cash. With help, I managed to find the money and pay the police. I was then sent two bills for 'transport' through the magistrates court that i paid on-line. I have recently been sent four letters from a solicitors in germany demanding 500 euro for 4 officers who say they were injured while arresting me. I have until September 22 to pay.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Seestadt Bremerhaven, 26/05/2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

They showed me a six page report but it was in german

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
The letters sent by the solicitor in Germany are requesting 586 euros compensation for each of the four officers. Each claim is slightly different with injuries stated as bruising to one officer saying he sustained a sprained wrist. Each letter asks for 500 euro compensation per officer plus 86 euro costs. I have photographs before I was arrested in the evening and after the incident next day. I sustained serious and life changing injuries whilst in detention. I recall parts of the scuffle when I tried to run away. One officer stamped on my right hand so hard with his boot, that I have suffered severe nerve damage that a doctor told me I might never fully recover from. I visited a doctor in England two weeks after the incident. The pain is quite severe and I still do not have much feeling around the left side of my thumb and index finger. I was hit in the face with a police baton / truncheon which gave me a large wound above my right eye which has healed with a large scar but I have a dent on my eye brow from the force of the blow. After beating me, i was taken by ambulance to a hospital but was not treated for my injuries. I was taken to a mental hospital, chained by my wrist and ankle to a bed (i still have deep scars on both), they stripped me naked, cut up my suit jacket (which they said was necessary), laughed at my manhood, injected drugs in me which knocked me out, made me urinate in an empty bottle with a woman in a bed next to me. I was not allowed out of the bed until the judge had heard my case and the police arrived. They told me to go and clean myself up. I went to the bathroom and found dried blood all over my face and open wounds to my eyebrow. I was then told to get in the police car, go to the bank and draw out 2,000 euro as compensation which I managed to do with the help of my dad and his friends. I can't believe that they can be allowed to request more money after a judge ruled on how much compensation I should pay. I was never given a copy of the report, any details of what happened or a receipt. Please advise.
I have been waiting for an answer for 5 days. Is there a problem?
Answered in 5 days by:
9/19/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 9 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry to hear this happened to you. The issue is that what the judge ordered you to pay in restitution was part of the criminal case against you. The demand you are now receiving is a personal injury demand for the injury to officers as a civil claim against you.

Based on everything you said that happened, it appears there was a fight of some sort and for some reason you were not acting in a proper manner which led to them thinking you had some type of mental health or possibly even drug induced problems.

At this point if you do not pay, which is your right, as you can dispute the payments based on them allegedly abusing you, they could sue you in court. So if you plan on fighting this matter in civil court, you will need to hire an attorney in Germany to represent you and to take this matter to court there to prove not just they are not entitled to money, but you are due money for the abuse you needlessly suffered and for the treatment they put you through without properly tending to your injuries.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.