Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi,
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Rosenstein & Associates
99622407

If a case was dismissed without predices and reopened can I

Customer Question

If a case was dismissed without predices and reopened can I ask for it to be closed
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Nevada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I received a letter from the court saying it's dismissed without predices,then one saying they granted her a new one.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Roy Hadavi replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

When a case is dismissed without prejudice, it means that the party may re-file the same claim. The party can correct whatever mistake led the court to dismissing the case. It does not mean that the case has merit, nor does it mean the the opposing party (you), cannot get the case dismissed again.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.