Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Thanks very much. I'm in And I'm the plaintiff in a stalking

Customer Question

Hi there, thanks very much.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in Virginia And I'm the plaintiff in a stalking case.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I've pressed charges and only reported stalking activity once. I was encouraged by the officer I spoke with to press stalking charges, though I originally intended only to petition for a protective order. Now I think I may need a lawyer for the stalking case.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that the reason I think I may need a lawyer is that the defendant has threatened to establish a case against my character, and is looking to assert a particular image of me. I'm worried I'll be asked a lot of irrelevant questions about my past that are not truly pertinent to the defense.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

You should not worry about this.The judge should cut off any questions lacking relevancy to the proceeding.Also understand the information will not affect the issues of the trial, were you stalked and the other party is guilty.Just focus on presenting your side of this and let the judge deal with any of these kinds of questions.There should be a prosecutor here, the prosecutor should cut off the irrelevant questions and judge will agree as well.Just focus on your testimony for your side, the est will take care of itself.You likely have great facts here to present.It will be ok, the bot***** *****ne is he cannot prevent you from presenting the real facts of your case.

I appreciate the chance to help, please let me know if you have more.

Thanks again and thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page.