Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

My daughter was jumped by 5 kids on a school bus on school

Customer Question

my daughter was jumped by 5 kids on a school bus on school grounds , I went to the principal and the rest of the staff, this happed on a Friday , they told me and my wife that they would have the footage from the school bus , in the meantime my daughter was banned from the bus while all the girls that jumped her was riding the the bus , mind you my daughter has a mental disability, so Monday they told us that the bus company didn't give them the footage Tuesday the same thing so today I called the bus company and they said that the school was lying they had the footage , me and my wife went to the school and showed them footage of the fight that was on fb ,they gave us the run around saying they couldn't do anything because they had no proof, and we know they are lying
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Indianapolis, In
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: its a police officer on site but he refuses to do anything just told us to basically suck it up
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes the school knows about my daughters disability and yet they did nothing but keep my daughter isolated in classroom by her self
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

I read your facts, is there a specific question with which I can assist?

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can I sue the school for neglagence
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Schools are generally immuned from negligence lawsuits. It sounds like a better approach for you is to sue alleging violation of your daughter's civil rights. You will have to have an attorney that does those types of cases and most attorneys do not. What I suggest to do is go to www.lawyers.com and in the section for Area of Practice enter Civil Rights or Disability Law. Either of those will have the skill set you need.

There are certain notices that must be sent and the school likely has an appeal policy you just go through but you want to have your lawyer involved at that point. You also want to move quickly because there are some time limitations depending on the facts.